Bitmap Font ROM editor
Written in .NET - requires .NET framework. This program is bitmap font editor from devices ROMs.
Hercules / MDA, 2-bank Hercules (rare)
CGA, 2-bank CGA, 2-bank Hercules/CGA, MZ-700 2-bank
Commodore 16 / Commodore PET / Cobra 1 / Robotron KC
MCY7304 character ROM
In fact, this program is all EXPERIMENTAL and unstable. No guarantee that it'll work. And I take no responsibility if something will go wrong.
|Editing 7304 font||Editing Hercules font|
1. Load ROM.
2. Define its type using rightmost combo field. Not applicable to Meritum ROMs (use drop-down menu near Open to open it)
3. View, modify or convert characters using program functions
4. If you want, do the same thing with 2nd bank or add another bank. If you click "Import" and then "Bank 0 to current bank", you can add another ROM to currently selected bank. If you click "Bank 1 to current bank" bank 2 of selected multibank ROM will be imported. The "Abandon current file" dialog is meaningless here, click Yes.
5. Save resulting file
6. Check it.
|Computer||Language (character set)||Notes|
|Robotron KC 80||?German?|
|Cobra-1||Uppercaze A-Z,0-9 + semigraphics|
|MZ-700 International||German, English, extended semigraphics|
|MCY7304NAA, NAB, NAC||Different: English, Cyrilic|
|Meritum I Model 1||Polish uppercase|
|Meritum I Model 2||A-Z, semigraphics, upper+lower|
|IBM 4733197 Graphics card||CP437||Bank 0 - Hercules/MDA, Bank 1 - 2 fonts of CGA.|
|Hercules, ISO8859-1||ISO8859-1||From some Linux packagebank 0 contains font, Bank 1 empty|
|Hercules, ISO8859-2||ISO8859-2||From some Linux package, bank 0 contains font, Bank 1 empty|
|Hercules Kamenicky||CP895 (Czech)||Contains some rubbish in free space area.|
|Hercules, Codepage 895||CP895 (Czech), different font|
|Hercules, Latin-2||Latin 2|
|Hercules, Mazovia||Mazovia (Polish)||Original dump and cleared one, rubbish in Bank 1. It's from W8685aff graphic card.|
|Hercules, Mazovia 2||Mazovia (Polish)||Original dump, different fonts|
|Hercules, Mazovia 3||Mazovia (Polish)||Original dump, different fonts|
ISSUES AND PROBLEMS:
1. "File not found" error during opening file or launching program.
Edit "config.ini"with editor and place a full path to "helper.txt" file like C:\Program Files\fontedit\helper.txt
2. Bad endian or inversions while saving file
Just reverse it in program. Sometimes it works this way.
3. Clipboard doesn't work between 2 instances of program
4. Blank character list
Make sure helper.txt is present and see issue 1